26) Bandwagon fans
Stuff Smart Ass Voice Writers Like
Published: Thursday, November 5, 2009
Updated: Saturday, November 7, 2009 00:11
A bandwagon fan is the kind of fan who decides to follow something only after it has become popular. There are many incidents where the term can be applied, like to sudden followers of a clothing trend or band. But this article is devoted to the special kind of bandwagon fan, the sports one. Perhaps the most common of all bandwagon devotees, the sports kind is noted for showing support for a team after, and only after, it has proven itself successful. So, without further ado, the five reasons why everyone LOVES the sports bandwagoner.
5) Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of sitting near them at a game knows how much fun they make it. Really, who doesn't love having to get up every 5 minutes to let them by, so they can get food, souvenirs, drinks, or whatever else? Thank goodness they don't wait for halftime, intermission, or seventh inning stretches, after all, it's not like you actually wanted to watch the game.
4) If your team is lucky enough to win a championship, and to have a parade, or some type of public celebration, bandwagoners make the whole experience all the more enjoyable. Not only do they have the honor of increasing an already large and swarming crowd, but they also add their particular charm. Isn't it just way more enjoyable to be super close to complete strangers when they have such wonderful things to say, like, "So, how many Superbowls do the Red Sox have now?" And, that's a real quote, by the way.
3) If your team is not lucky enough to win a championship, those sort of fans always manage to improve the situation. Because, after a major loss, when regular fans are dejected, we just love being told, "Well, who cares it's just a game" by some bandwagoner.
2) Let's not forget that the more bandwagoners there are, the more tickets will be bought. This is wonderful for everyone, because not only will it be more difficult to buy tickets, but if you are lucky enough to get your hands on some, they are going to cost you more. Hurray! Who doesn't love paying more for the same tickets you've always bought?
1) And, perhaps the best thing about bandwagoners, they remind us all, why bother being devoted to a team. You can just pick whatever one is on top and never really become committed to a team, or even a sport for that matter. Great!
So there's the top five, although there are loads more reasons, after all the love of bandwagon fans is unfathomable. They really are just that wonderful.