Suffolk Prof. and Son Face Meth Lab Charges
Suffolk University's very own Math Professor, Irina Kristy, 74, and her son, Grigory Genkin, 29, were both recently suspected of conspiring to cook and distribute methamphetamine, commonly known as Crystal Meth. According to court documents the mother and son duo, were creating and selling Meth from their duplex in Somerville.
The evidence that the Drug Enforcement Administration (D.E.A.) gathered from the duplex are ingredients commonly used when making Meth. The list includes: solvents, cold medicine, and reactive liquids in old Snapple bottles. (Being a student of Professor Kristy myself, this evidence is shocking, because she has never taught a class this semester where she wasn't drinking from Snapple bottles. It helps paint an image of how true this evidence could be.) The D.E.A declared that there were so many chemicals being stored to make large quantities of Crystal Meth on the second floor of the apartment that "dry food items" were stored in the refrigerator, to make room for the Meth ingredients.
On Monday, November 14th, Somerville District Court charged Genkin with distribution of Crystal Meth, conspiracy to violate the drug laws and drug violation near a school. The Prosecutor of the case will soon be filing a criminal complaint against Professor Irina Kristy.
Suffolk University has not made a comment on the case so far.
*UPDATE - 12/7/11*
Irina Kristy has been put on administrative leave and outlook is doubtful regarding her return to Suffolk.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists