Eli is Elite, not Better Than Brady
Whether it's Eli or Peyton, I think Tom Brady has found his kryptonite – the Mannings.
In August, Eli Manning considered himself to be in the same QB class as Brady. Just about six months later, Eli is celebrating another Super Bowl MVP, for the second time, against the Patriots … again.
Simply put, he was great on Sunday night and led his team to another Vince Lombardi trophy.
Manning and the Giants set the tone early in the contest when he ignited Victor Cruz' salsa dance in the 1st quarter. It was the only touchdown of the night for Manning, but he made some clutch passes throughout the game which strayed away from the David Tyree-esque way of winning for New York.
He completed 30 out of his 40 attempted passes for 296 yards. Yet, the most notable stat of the game is in the turnover column, which was blank for Eli.
Brady, on the other hand, threw one interception on a drive that potentially could have put the game out of reach. Nonetheless, the Patriots QB still had a solid game – 27/41, 276 yards and a couple of touchdowns.
Like Manning, Brady also made some crucial passes … but his receivers didn't catch them. He found Danny Woodhead and Aaron Hernandez in the end zone, respectively, but that was about it for the Pats. New England ran their typical short-pass, fast paced offense which ended up hurting them in the end.
Their longest pass was 21 yards. The guy who caught that pass – Chad Ochocinco.
That being said, as aforementioned, Brady had a solid game. Eli Manning just had a better one. All season he has constantly shown improvement, and now has two rings -- one more than his older brother -- to back him up.
Eli Manning is an elite quarterback. Eli Manning is amongst the top in the NFL. Eli Manning is not better than Tom Brady, nor is he better than Peyton Manning.
The championship seasons solidify Eli's spot in the league, but let's not overlook Brady and directly point the fingers at him every time the Patriots lose. His surge -- as a backup -- into the NFL, starting a dynasty, is something that no other quarterback has done. His accomplishments in New England will be talked about for years to come.
He's lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl twice, but New York wasn't 16-0 in 2007 or 13-3 this season, they were 10-6 and 9-7. It shouldn't be an argument about who is the better quarterback. Eli is good, but he's just doing what was expected of him as a first round draft pick.
Tom Brady, a 199th pick, is doing what nobody thought he would. On Sunday he did the unexpected again. But as his wife Gisele Bundchen angrily stated after Sunday's loss, he can't throw the ball and catch it too.
Follow Andy on Twitter: @Andy_Deossa
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections