Trend of the Moment: Menswear
Trend of the Moment
"Le Smoking" Jacket is back. This season the love for the tuxedo has returned. There is nothing better to wear for an evening event than the elegant tuxedo and this fall, designers like Yves Saint Laurent, Balmain, Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana remind us of the importance of having a tux in our wardrobe.
The tuxedo has been reformed and adjusted over the years to become a look that empowers, glamorizes, and lends the same confidence it gives men to women. It brings a level of sophistication to any woman, traditionally only available to men. The difference between this season's tuxedo trend and the past ones is that, even though black and white are the leading colors: fabrics like lace and satin are taking the lead on this season's runways. Accessorize your tuxedo look with pieces like hats, sparkling jackets and bow ties for the perfect addition to your outfit.
Here are some pieces for you to get into this fall trend:
J. Crew has some amazing blazers (like this Hacking Jacket above) in a variety of colors.
Trina Turk "Francoise Blouse"
MOSCHINO C&C "Midnight Tuxedo-Style Pants"
TopShop "Venus Glitter Lace Up Brogues"
MUST-HAVE for the season: Dior Vernis Nail Polish in Tuxedo
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care