Suffolk Rams Fall to Colonels 5-1 on Spirit Night
Saturday night at Steriti Memorial Rink, the students of Suffolk University showed up for Suffolk spirit night to watch the Suffolk Rams face off against Curry College. Though the Ram's were defeated 5-1, they put up a great fight.
When the whistle blew, the game was off to a very frantic start. The Rams came onto the ice ready to win, but were off to a rough start. As the period began, Curry scored two goals within the first half, and it was not until six minutes were left on the clock of the first period that number seven, Tim Sprague scored.
By the end of the first period, Curry held onto their lead preparing for the second period making the score 3-1. The Rams came back into the second period ready to make a come back, but were not so lucky. Though goalie Cam Kelly was making the opposing team work hard for their goals blocking puck after puck, it was not enough to keep them from scoring again. 4-1 on the scoreboard, the teams began to become more and more aggressive and physical. Fights were breaking out all over the ice causing the fans to not lose interest in the game. Entering the final period of the night, the question that was on everyone's mind was could the Ram's make a come back? This period the tension level between the two teams was through the roof. With that said Curry college made their fifth and final goal of the evening making the score 5-1. With a little over a minute left in the game another fight broke out, but by this point there was no hope for the Ram's.
Will the Ram's finally break their seven game losing streak? Come support our team on Saturday December 10th for their next home game against Stonehill.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor