Suffolk Rams Fall to Colonels 5-1 on Spirit Night
Saturday night at Steriti Memorial Rink, the students of Suffolk University showed up for Suffolk spirit night to watch the Suffolk Rams face off against Curry College. Though the Ram's were defeated 5-1, they put up a great fight.
When the whistle blew, the game was off to a very frantic start. The Rams came onto the ice ready to win, but were off to a rough start. As the period began, Curry scored two goals within the first half, and it was not until six minutes were left on the clock of the first period that number seven, Tim Sprague scored.
By the end of the first period, Curry held onto their lead preparing for the second period making the score 3-1. The Rams came back into the second period ready to make a come back, but were not so lucky. Though goalie Cam Kelly was making the opposing team work hard for their goals blocking puck after puck, it was not enough to keep them from scoring again. 4-1 on the scoreboard, the teams began to become more and more aggressive and physical. Fights were breaking out all over the ice causing the fans to not lose interest in the game. Entering the final period of the night, the question that was on everyone's mind was could the Ram's make a come back? This period the tension level between the two teams was through the roof. With that said Curry college made their fifth and final goal of the evening making the score 5-1. With a little over a minute left in the game another fight broke out, but by this point there was no hope for the Ram's.
Will the Ram's finally break their seven game losing streak? Come support our team on Saturday December 10th for their next home game against Stonehill.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
- The Financial Implications of Heart Disease
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy