Different Types of Comic Readers
Mr. Comic Book
After a few weeks of straight reporting and being opinionated, it's time for some levity. We all ready comic books differently. Some like to spoil the ending for the ending, some like to keep everything a suspense until the reach the end. And some are jerks and scan pages and post them on the internet. Here are the categories:
This person never EVER jumps up a page. No matter how tantalizing the scenario gets, they can never jump ahead one panel to see what happens. This person will also buy issues and not read them if continuity will be messed up by them reading that issue. Fun to dangle the ending in front of them. Easy to blackmail.
The Observes the High Holidays
This reader is mostly "The Purist" but decides to skip ahead a panel or page when they just can't help it anymore, like in the final issue of an event. Won't give away the ending, but might hint at it to tease "The Purist."
The Accidental Jerk
Person who talks about an event recently after, but thinks it has been long enough that he can talk about big changes when not everyone has necessarily read the arc. Doesn't mean to be a jerk, but dislocate his knee just to be safe, so he/she learns their lesson.
I despise this person. This is the person that scans the final few pages of a big comic and posts them on the internet without warning. There is a special spot in hell reserved for them......with child molesters and people who talk at the movie theater. Have any one from the other categories read that thread and watch hilarity/insanity ensue.
"The Walking Dead" is tearing up the ratings for AMC (or should I say noming.....)
A photo of a HYRDA tank appeared. Thank you British comic book fans for being so diligent.
Martin Sheen will be playing Uncle Ben in the Spider-Man reboot. Sally Field will be playing Aunt May. Looks like Sony is going to the way of the Ultimate Universe.
Speaking of Spider-Man, the musical based on the wall-crawler has been postponed till next year.
There will be no "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD" in the new Superman movie. Zach Snyder says Zod is not the villain.
Disney has hired the writers of "Zombieland," Paul Wemick and Rhett Reese, to write a screenplay of the Image comics series "Cowboy Ninja Viking."
Trade/Series for Newcomers
It's one of Marvel's biggest series, but it's a great jumping on point. "Amazing Spider-Man" is ending the Brand New Day, 3x a month thing and going to Big Time. It looks to have Peter Parker finally have some good luck. The title will be released twice a month.
Highlights for 11/10
-Batgirl #15: With market flooded with Bat books, it's kind of hard to find out what series to read. "Batgirl" is proving to be one of the ones that needs to be read, as it's providing a fresh take on a vigilante wearing a Bat on their chest.
-Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #6: The finale is finally here, even though we already know Bruce is going to survive. Still going to be fun how Grant Morisson is going to bring him back
-Amazing Spider-Man #648: Petey has a girlfriend, a constant job, and is an Avenger. Looks like good times are coming up. Well the Hobgoblin is back. Bye bye good times.
-Avengers: The Childrens Crusade #3: This looks to be the swan song of the Young Avengers, and what a hell of a time it's been to read. Alan Heinberg, could you please write more comic books? What if I begged?
-The Thanos Imperative #6: It doesn't look good for Nova and company. Enjoy comic Marvel while you can, as it looks like this section of Marvel won't be used for some time.
-Ultimate Comics Thor #2: Jonathan Hickman deserves to be named writer of the year for the amazing job he has done this year. And "Ultimate Comics Thor" just proves this. Taking old themes and making them so fresh you feel like your reading them for the first time. Just read and be amazed
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses