Versace to be sold at H&M
The affordable and fabulous H&M has begun to collaborate with Donatella Versace bringing two parts of the collection to H&M. The first part of the collection will be available in stores on November 17 and the second part on January 19.
The collection will include womenswear, menswear, and for the very first time, items for the home. There will be 40 pieces of clothing for women with 20 accessories; 20 pieces of men's clothing with 10 accessories, and 4 home items.
Though the items in the collection will lean towards the more expensive side for H&M, the items are a steal compared to normal Versace prices. The price range will be from $20 to $400. The most expensive is a leather, studded trench coat. The dresses will be $129, silk tops $70, and leggings $30.
The collection will include many dresses from the styles that are in this season: studded leather, bright prints, and silk. H&M spokesperson, Jennifer Ward, called The Versace line, "Glam, flamboyant, and vibrant."
A release of the newest photographs of the line was debuted in Russian Vogue. Modeled by the gorgeous Abbey Lee Kershaw.
This collaboration of H&M and Versace was not a spur-of-the-moment decision. This agreement has taken more than a year. This will be the first time that Versace has ventured into the realm of affordable fashion.
Donatella only agreed to do the collaboration with H&M as long as the designs could be based on the glamour of Versace during the 1980s and 90s when Gianni Versace developed the designs before his tragic murder in Miami in 1997.
On the subject, Donatella said, "I wanted to do the iconic pieces of Versace, Versace through history until now. I wanted to show the young people what is Versace. I was expecting H&M to tell me, ‘No, you can't do this,' but I gave them some sample, and they came back with something very similar. If you look very close you can see it's not the same, but three meters away you really get confused about which one is the original. "
So, fashionistas, grab your emergency clothing fund and wait anxiously for November 19! Be prepared because this collection will not be here for very long.
Check out the collection here.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Suffolk Voice News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SUFFOLK VOICE NEWS
RECENT THE SUFFOLK VOICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!